Monday, April 13, 2009

Interpreting Technologies

The most important media device in my life would have to be my cell phone. More than just a tool for calling people etc. it is an iPhone so I can have all of my music, videos, and photos in the palm of my hand. I am able to access the Internet on it and use it as a GPS for the many occasions that I find myself lost on the road. It is my day planner as well as my way of texting and calling those people I can't see regularly while I am here at school or away.

Little conveniences like being able to show a friend a photo on my phone or looking up a concert date or flight time without having to use my computer make it so much more than just a communication device. My phone says that no matter where I am I can feel " in touch." It feels like home being able to have my music and photos with me wherever I am without having to have a seperate device for holding each. It is in a way an extension of myself and my personality. It has more features than the standard cell phone which makes me feel like I can express my personality through it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment