Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Connecting with Celebrities

When I was growing up there was no other option then becoming an actress, I dragged my mother to countless auditions and acting classes all over.  I idolized actresses like Julia Roberts, Natalie Portman, Nicole Kidman,  Claire Danes, Jodie Foster and many more talented actresses who spend more time making films than causing tabloid drama and partying.  I thought I would faint when I met Natalie Portman at a coffee shop in NYC one summer when I was 14.  She was in front of me in line and after staring at her for what seemed like 5 minutes I worked up the courage to say hi.  

I never really thought I would be the type of person to be so star struck but I have to admit I was. I think it was the surreal experience of seeing her in the flesh and not just on the TV or on the cover of Vogue.  I think she is beautiful and she has the type of unique beauty you just don't see a lot  she doesn't fit a stereotypical Hollywood starlet mold.  When she is on the screen her performances always manage to captivate me and keeps her allure.  I am intrigued by her personal style and the roles she plays on screen.

I am perfectly content with knowing that I besides that chance meeting in NYC odds are I will never really know her or meet her again.  I am a fan and our relationship consists of me admiring her work and wanting to see more of it.  I know some people who become obsessive with being close to our meeting celebrities,  I think that can be very unhealthy and it becomes more about finding the person or being at the hip places they could possibly be than just enjoying what you liked about the celebrity in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment