Monday, April 13, 2009

Forming a Style

I am a fashion junkie so getting dressed I must admit is more than just putting clothes on for practicality, but at the same time when you develop your own style pieces fit together and you spend less time putting stuff together. I am an avid reader of magazines like Vogue etc. so a lot of my style is inspired by current trends and my own accents to keep the look my own. My roommate and I share similar styles so when we get ready we just jump back in forth from each others closets putting outfits together by combining each others clothes and accessories, to be honest it is probably one of my favorite things to do.

When I am at school I choose comfort but still some thought goes with it. Rarely will I wear sneakers, but its always sandals or ballet flats (I am 5'11 so heels aren't necessary unless I am going out...) A night out means putting together something fun I have never worn before I am a big fan of simple flattering clothes, in black mostly, with unique statement accessories. I recently got a pair of black suede flat knee high indian boots that I have tried to work into all of my outfits lately. I like girly dresses, skirts, and headbands worn with an edge like a leather jacket or studded belt. I guess my style is all over the map but I know what its not. I rarely will ever be in a ponytail. I wear jeans only in fall or winter for the most part. It takes a really beautiful shoe to get me to wear them if their uncomfortable. I have pretty long legs so things that aren't that short look shorter on me so if its an unreasonably short dress or skirt its not in my closet much to my roommates dismay (she is 5'5 and all my dresses are too long on her.)

I beleive that everyone puts thought into what they wear whether they admit it or not. Style in my opinion is taking current trends and putting your own spin on them. For example, while me and my friends all have a similar style there are certain things that make each of them individual. I always have my italian horn jewelry on and usually black, Hannah wouldn't be Hannah without her high heels (no matter what, even at the beach despite my making fun of her), Laura always has her pearl earrings and usually a scarf, and Brooke always adds her Ray Ban sunglasses and nike dunks in outrageous colors (even with dresses). I think that you can still be "casual" while being stylish.

No comments:

Post a Comment